Southern Girl In My Own Primal World

Welcome to my blog on nutrition, exercise, and the continual drive to squash conventional wisdom!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

So, why the name?

It's kind of ironic, the title of my blog--especially since at some point in our lives we've blamed our current state on our heirs, somehow succumbing to the belief that since "Daddy had a big gut and high blood pressure, that means I'm destined to end up that way."  Notice the play on word "genes."  By "genes" I'm not necessarily referring to the part of your genetic make up from which you were directly created--your parents (or any of your close relatives for that matter).  What I'm referring to are the "genes" that make you human and not a billy goat, for example.  Let's be real:  Yes, you may be likely to "end up like Daddy" if you choose the same path in life when it comes to your food selection and activity level; HOWEVER (and a BIG one at that), you are not destined to that outcome if you live your life in a way that your "genes" prefer.  That's where my blog comes in:  You'll be more likely to fit into your "jeans" if you make the lifestyle choices that your genetic make-up desires and yearns for.  The problem that I'm facing is the uphill battle it's gonna be to get a lot of you see things from a TOTALLY different perspective.  All I ask is that you are willing to take the information, ponder over it if need be, and realize that in the end it's all going to make sense. 

1 comment:

  1. Okay, since I created this post this morning, I've decided to change the name of my actual blog; however, the site url will remain fitintoyourgenes.blogspot.com. I went around and around with what I was going to name it, only to decide and then redecide once I got on one of my rantastic soap boxes! It's only gets better from here...

    ReplyDelete