Southern Girl In My Own Primal World

Welcome to my blog on nutrition, exercise, and the continual drive to squash conventional wisdom!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Interesting...

Today is my third day of the Whole 30.  Recap what this means for me:  no protein powder, no stevia, no tea, no cocoa (technically tea is allowed but without stevia, why bother--also, the tannins in the tea may not be good for my low iron, so it may be well worth it even more!). 
I'm starting to realize that although whey doesn't usually bother folks that are lactose intolerant, I may be one of the ones out there that even whey gives issues to.  I haven't been even a bit bloated since before I started--unusal for me since my food allergies/sensitivities are so acute that I sometimes feel like I'm always carrying a little extra bloat.  Here's the gross part:  I've been going through some serious detox!  Whatever I've been consuming all along that apparently didn't agree with me has began to work it's way out of me, slowly but surely!  This is a good thing...I feel more energized and I'm back to being hungry again.  Beforehand, it often seemed as though I had lost my hunger on several days of the week. 
I can't say that I'm truly missing my hot/sweet drinks.  The morning sleepiness is already gone; it had only lasted one day.  I am replacing the hot drinks in the mornings with homemade bone broth to satisfy the warmth aspect of it all and that actually seems to be helping with the "cleansing" process.  To be entirely honest, I was afraid this whole experiment would screw with my digestion as I'm not used to having a solid protein source for breakfast AND lunch AND dinner.  I kinda figured I'd have a protein brick in my gut and would be sucking down some Smooth Move for the first week or so.  I'm feeling good with a good 'ol trip to see John every morning early!  (I don't what it says about me to admit that this is one my favorite times of the day--I just feel so accomplished!)
On another note, I had accupuncture for the first time yesterday.  Why, you ask?  Well, I'm exploring different methodologies for the treatment of all that ails me, particularly my adrenal fatigue and apparent infertility.  Interesting experiene:  lying on my back in a lavendar-scented room, wearing a sports bra and running shorts; tiny pin pricks from the tops of my feet to the tops of my head; laying there for atleast 30 minutes then get the pins removed; turn over on my belly with my head in a face cradle; tiny pin pricks lining both sides of my spine from my sacrum to my cervical; laying there for atleast another 20 minutes or so.  I'm so surprised I didn't fall asleep, but I was so relaxed I literally couldn't (didn't want to) pick up my arms to get off the table.  I plan on doing this about 4 or 5 times again before I have bloodwork done in March and see my doc in April.  We'll see how it goes--who knows I may be fertile in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment